Technical Engineer - Powerplant/Systems (M,F,X)
Purpose of the job
The Technical Engineer supports the Engineering Manager in the assigned domain with Powerplant & Systems expertise to:
- Control all Continuing Airworthiness engineering activities in order to assure the Continuing Airworthiness of the ASL aircraft in the fleet
- Perform Technical reviews of the aircraft as to contribute to achieve sustainable and reliable levels of the on–time, safe and cost effective performances for the Operator and Customers.
Main tasks and responsibilities
For the assigned ATA 100 chapters:
- Identify, review, produce and follow-up of technical documentation related to Airworthiness Directives and Non-mandatory Modifications (SB, SL, STC, or Service docs) to ensure adequate planning and ontime accomplishment.
- Make modification/STC data available in order to ensure that aircraft documentation is amended accordingly.
- Perform engineering analysis and define root-cause corrective actions for assigned occurrence reports.
- Contribute to special/internal projects (eg: Aircraft phase in/phase out)
- Contribute to fleet and reliability related maintenance activities
- Provide technical support to other departments/MRO/Shop in resolving repeated defects and other technical issues
- Liaise with Airlines/MRO/OEMs to enhance effectiveness and for innovation/developments
- Professional communication and develop relationships within the technical department (Fleet Managers, Fleet Advisors, Planning, Records, Maintenance Control, …), other departments (Operational Control Centre, Flight Operations, Ground Operations), Suppliers/OEM/MROs, other Airlines for an effective and efficient co-operation aiming to improve overall company performances.
- To report timely, accurate and concise maintenance / modification planning highlights to all stakeholders internally and externally to make sure they all have the relevant information to achieve their objectives.
- To liaise with Flight Operations, Chief pilots, Fleet Managers, Maintenance Control and contracted MRO’s to ensure a smooth aircraft positioning/input prior to scheduled line/base maintenance.
Requirement & Qualifications
- Bachelor in engineering/aviation, mechanic or ground engineer with maintenance background or similar by experience.
- Experience in Continuing Airworthiness, Part-M/145/21 requirements and with the specific aircraft type(s) B737 and B747 is an asset.
- Able to think, read/absorb and interest in the aviation industry technology/developments/innovations
- Able to demonstrate accuracy, analytical skills, and eagerness to improve
- Able to function successfully in a pressure environment.
- Work in an organized way to be able to meet set deadlines.
- Computer literate, MS Office with good administration skills.
- Good command of the English language (written and spoken).
- Open minded, team player, developed communication skills with all levels in the Airline and with /Suppliers/MRO’s.
- Negotiation and convincing skills.
Terms & Conditions
- Permanent Contract
- Full time job – Office hours but available to travel abroad from time to time as engineering representative during aircraft checks, to attend technical conferences and training, …
- Demand for personal flexibility and operational stress management.
- Available for after office hours/during weekends to provide Engineering service support when required to the technical/maintenance operations and ensure the on-time availability of the aircraft
- Homeworking possible as per Company policy
- Attractive salary package in line with the aviation industry