IATA Dangerous Goods Cat. 8 - AVIATO ACADEMY
- Operator’s and ground handling agent’s staff involved in the handling, storage, and loading of cargo or mail and baggage (ramp staff).
Certain regulations must be followed so that dangerous goods shipped by air do not endanger aircraft, passengers, or crew.
The Dangerous Goods training course Cat. 8 introduces the regulations concerning the transport of dangerous goods by air.
These include regulations on labelling, packaging and storage.
- Identification and classification of dangerous goods
- Recognise and identify dangerous goods labels and packaging specification markings
- Be familiar with the shipper’s declaration and other relevant documents
- Know the allowances for dangerous goods contained in passenger and crew baggage
- Be familiar with emergency response procedures for dangerous goods